- They say there was no racial motive because the killer, George Zimmerman, is Hispanic. White Florida Cubans are notably racist.
- "As long as blacks kill blacks anywhere in the world, it should be legal for a white American to kill a black." (Shorter version of Kathleen McKinley commentary.)
- They suggest that Zimmerman should not be charged because of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" Law that says killing is justified if the killer "knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred." The "had reason to believe" clause is a get out of jail free clause.
- Zimmerman is a "criminal justice student" and, hence, was justified.
- Zimmerman claims he "called for help" before shooting the unarmed teen.
In any civilized society Zimmerman was the aggressor who initiated the confrontation and shot an unarmed man. Zimmerman is guilty of murder. Under Florida law he will probably get off by claiming the right of lethal self-defense.