- There's the debt crisis, but that trail is so well trod it is nothing but a muddy quagmire now.
- Gun control is a topic but the distance between what should be done, what can be done, and what will be done is redefining the concept of infinity.
- I looked at the history of massacres in America but that was just too depressing.
- Sports led me to Junior Seau's suicide and the knowledge that football players fully know they are sacrificing a lifetime of health, happiness, and sanity for a few fleeting years of glory.
- And that led me to realize that football and MMA cage fighting are blood sports no less barbaric than ancient Roman gladiatorial spectacles. Now I'm really depressed.
- And that, oddly, led me to discover the "Stadium Pal" which is a urine bag football fans wear so they don't have to leave their seats during the game to pee.
- Totally depressed about all of humanity I thought about going silly and investigated "proof of UFOs." Unfortunately, almost all the videos just look like passing meteors to me.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Topics I'm Avoiding
For two days now I've been searching in vain for something to write about.