Wednesday, October 03, 2012

The Debate and Other Nonsense

The Debate
I won't be watching. I've already made up my mind so the only reason to watch is, like watching NASCAR, to see someone crash and burn. And, like NASCAR, I can catch that moment on YouTube tomorrow without watching them drive around in circles for two hours. Besides, I can miss the stupid questions that make me want to take a sledgehammer to my TV.

NHL
National Hockey League owners are whining about having lost $100 million during the current labor dispute. Except this is a lockout. NHL owners are solely responsible for the fact they aren't playing games and selling tickets. As for the fans, Russia's KHL league is planning on televising games in the US this year.

Polling Headlines
I read a story this morning that President Obama's lead in Florida has "narrowed" by one percent in the polls. Most polls have a margin of error of plus or minus three percent. A one point "swing" is just random noise.

No comments: