Friday, August 05, 2011

Texas Heat Wave

Thoughts as Texas enters its sixth week of 100 degrees F temperatures.
Satan went to Dallas to cool off.
If I owned Hell and Texas I would rent out Texas and live in Hell. ~ Gen. Philip Sheridan (1866)
The devil, we're told, in hell was chained,
And a thousand years he there remained,
And he never complained, nor did he groan,
But determined to start a hell of his own
Where he could torment the souls of men
Without being chained to a prison pen.

So he asked the Lord if He had on hand
Anything left when He made the land.
The Lord said, "Yes, I had plenty on hand,
But I left it down on the Rio Grande.
The fact is old boy, the stuff is so poor,
I don't think you could use it in hell any more."
~ Hell in Texas, author unknown

Gov. Perry prayed to end the Texas drought on April 22. God laughed.

No comments: