feelings are hurt and they decide to "go Galt." (The Forbes 400, every one a billionaire.)
For the top one-tenth of one percent austerity is a joke. Now is the time for glorious excess. Here are some of the things our most wealthy people get while we peasants make do with ruptured water mains, shriveling pensions, and a health care system trying to bankrupt us all into early graves.
- Hedge fund manager Tudor Jones (net worth $6 billion) bought his own, private game preserve in Africa.
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos (net worth $12 billion), Microsoft's Paul Allen ($12 billion) and Richard Branson ($2 billion) have their own, separate, private space programs.
- Ronald Lauder, whose only accomplishment was being born into the Estee Lauder family has a private art collection better than most art museums.
- Many billionaires own private islands. One, oil sheikh Hamad bin Hamdan Al Nahyan ($22 billion), signed his island in letter so big they can be seen from space.
- They even eat (and shit) gold because why the fuck not? (Note: gold has no nutritional value being it is just expensive dirt.)