Friday, October 29, 2010

The Stab in the Back

The thing I don't miss most about politics is the treachery. From my time in the trenches I had more and deeper wounds in my back than I ever got from the enemy, and I was never a candidate.
Political backstabbing is as old as the Republic. Remember Aaron Burr. The worst part of politics is when you have a friend who you know has your back. Except, your friend decided it would benefit him to use your thoracic spine as a scabbard. So, as you fight the good fight forward you feel a sharp pain in your back. It's all just politics.

The latest example is what Bill Clinton did to Kendrick Meek. Meek is going to lose the Florida Senate race and he's going to lose big. Republican running as an independent Charlie Crist has hinted he might caucus with Democrats. So Bill Clinton turned on his "good friend" and started pressuring Meek to drop out. It's just politics.

No comments: