- Josh Bolton, Fred Fielding, and the White House has still not responded to Leahy's subpoenas.
- Not only is Mukasey's nomination not being held up, Leahy is predicting easy confirmation.
- As for domestic spying, Democrats are being sniveling sycophants, promising to make the wiretapping revisit an early Christmas present for Bush.
- When given the opportunity this September to place a deadline on the Iraq War, Congress punted.
- Just for good measure, Democrats voted authorization for Bush to bomb Iran (The editing before final passage is meaningless in that Bush will still use the vote to justify an attack.)
- And, with big majorities Congress voted to condemn the concept of freedom of speech by passing a resolution against MoveOn.org for the sinister crime of publicly expressing their opinions.
Some think Bush is blackmailing individual members of Congress. I believe that, when push comes to shove, Senators and Congressmen are frightened of the office of the Presidency. The effect of the Imperial Presidency is a serial dictatorship. Congress supplicates itself beneath a president it believes to be ignorant and incompetent because congressmen, individually and collectively, believe that the Presidency is all powerful. Congress refuses to enforce the Will of the People because congressmen truly believe that the Will of the People is unimportant and it is only the Will of the President that matters.