- Glibness and superficial charm
- Manipulative and Conning ~ They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible.
- Grandiose Sense of Self
- Pathological Lying ~ Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis.
- Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
- Callousness/Lack of Empathy
- Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature ~ Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
- Irresponsibility/Unreliability ~ Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
- Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility ~ Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Monica Goodling's Shirley Temple Defense
(or, was it her Hannibal Lecter defense)
It was so well played that I have to admit I missed this until it was pointed out by Dahlia Lithwick and Emily Bazelon