Friday, June 02, 2006

The Young and the Restless - White House Edition

I want to believe. There are some stories that go beyond the realm of gossip, that you know must be accurate without any supporting evidence. From Wayne Madsen via Pissed On Politics comes the intriguing report that Laura Bush has moved out of the White House and is living in a suite of rooms in the Mayflower Hotel, four blocks from the presidential mansion. Laura caught George, the story goes, having an affair with Condoleezza Rice.



Now is a good time to insert this photo. Okay, I know, hideous. Besides, their relationship is far more likely dominatrix and submissive. Witness the photo below.



So, can it possibly be true? The best evidence is a Freudian Slip Condi made in a dinner speech a couple of years ago.
"As I was telling my husb-...As I was telling President Bush." ~ Condi Rice via Boiling Mad
This is a slip that just doesn't make sense. Rice has never been married. My husband is a phrase that should never accidently cross her lips. Unless their relationship is more complex than employee-boss. When I heard it, my ears perked and my spider-sense tingled.

Of course, Laura Bush uses the Mayflower Hotel frequently for special events so the presence of her entourage may simply be a matter of security and convenience. But, I would rather not believe that. Never let the risk of the truth get in the way of a really sweet story.

tag: , ,

4 comments:

the void said...

as revealed by the void here and here ages ago :)

Boiling_Mad said...

Bush may be like Jefferson in one way.

fc said...

It is amazing the little slips that this administration makes... grin...

Thanks for linking to me... I will add you to my blogroll in the next update...

This is 'Torture Awareness Month' and I have joined the blogs in support of this cause. I know you came by (my stat counter) but maybe a few of your readers will see this and benefit from it. I am going to leave that post up a few days so the surfing directories can see it...

Regards
- fc ( fatcat politics )

phinky said...

So this means we can impeach him now! Right?