- He says he is a foreign policy genius because he was once in a foreign prison.
- He's an expert on war because he was once a prisoner of war.
- His personal history of corruption is excusable because he was a POW.
- His personal infidelity is understandable because he was a POW.
- He should not be expected to understand his own family finances because he was once a POW.
- It's okay if he lies or cheats because he was once a POW.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Is McCain Swiftboating Himself?
John McCain's campaign is quickly becoming a one-note symphony. Vote for me, he is saying with increasing shrillness, because I was once a POW. Every answer to every issue is "because I was in prison."