- Republicans shift the tax burden away from people with money to people without it. Democrats keep that unfair shift because they are afraid of mucking up a rotten economy.
- Republicans start stupid wars. Democrats maintain those wars even as they become more inane because they are afraid of losing what should never have started.
- Republicans begin abusive airport search programs. Democrats enhance the searches into simulated rape because they want to cover their asses in the event of a terrorist attack. (Note: for the TSA, the only asses being covered belong to politicians)
- Republicans run up absurd deficits. Democrats try to balance the budget by cutting Democratic programs and preserving Republican programs.
- The Republicans who hate gays the most are closeted gays. Democrats defend anti-gay policies because they don't want to appear gay.
- Republicans hate science because they are too stupid to understand it. Democrats defend anti-science policies because they don't want to look like nerds.
Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here. ~ Stephen Sondheim, Send In the Clowns