Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quick Thoughts

Buying Elections
Meg Whitman has spent $68 million of her own money so far to win the Republican primary election for California governor. Her opponent, Steve Poizner, is no piker himself having spent over $24 million of his own money. What's funny is that both are spending all that money arguing over which is the most financially prudent.

Shades of Maxwell Smart
In Pakistan a man was arrested for getting on a plane with electronic circuitry in his shoes. My first thought was - Shoe Phone!! Then I thought why bother with a shoe bomb when there is plenty of room for all of the explosives and triggering systems anyone would ever need in a computer laptop.

Islamophobia
Republicans are scared of Muslims. I get that. I didn't know how scared until they started wetting their panties over an Arab-American from Dearborn, Michigan winning the Miss USA beauty pageant. I guess I'll never really understand the terrorist agenda.

Losing the War
Especially when all al Qaeda has to do is sit back and wait for us to eat ourselves to death. I love a good pig out as much as the next cholesterol-choked American but Dan O'Brien at Cracked.com has a list of fastfood concoctions that were surely developed in a sinister plot to kill us all.
Kentucky Fried Chicken's terrorist calorie bomb.

No comments: