Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Little Sarah Time

Since I don't care about the actual content of debates I thought I'd spend a little time on Dear Sarah.
  • The Anchorage Daily News has a comprehensive review of Sarah Palin's week from Hell.
  • Ezra Klein at American Prospect has the most cogent analysis. Her brain is so overfilled with talking points that she is spouting them in a random series of sentences. A commenter to this article notes, "We see exactly *why* it took Sarah Palin seven years and five colleges to come away with a bachelor's degree in journalism, for God's sake."
  • While Joe Biden was all over the news networks spinning the debate Friday night, Sarah was hiding out at an Irish pub in Philly getting foreign policy experience and singing karaoke. (picture source)
  • A company is selling life-size wall stickers of Sarah, complete with stick-on hunting rifle, lipstick, and tiara.
  • She is making such a habit of ending her sentences with prepositions that I am changing my mind. I used defend them against overzealous schoolmarms as a way, occasionally, to avoid painfully awkward sentence construction. Sarah, somehow, manages to enhance the awkwardness of her sentences while still dangling her prepositions for all to hear. ("That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, were ill about this position that we have been put in.")
I put the odds at even money that, come Thursday when the Vice-Presidential debate is scheduled, Sarah will have to cancel. She will catch some illness (cold, flu, beriberi, Dengue Fever), her baby will come down with cholic, she'll trip and crack a tooth. Something will happen and she'll have to cancel.

No comments: