Monday, June 23, 2008

Frankly My Dear, I Just Don't Give a Damn

Maybe it's the lingering effects of the brutal heat in California. Like most living creatures in the state I has spend the past several days hunkered down just trying to survive.

Maybe it's that the news is not so much outrageous as depressing. Republicans are planning racist ads. Zimbabwe's dull, flickering ember of freedom is being viciously snuffed out. One of the few actually funny comics on earth has died. The news media has grown bored with the same old carnage, day in and day out, in Iraq so they have decided to just ignore the whole mess and pretend the war no longer exists.

I just can't seem to get worked up this morning as I wait for the temperature to soar and I wonder if today will be the day when the mercury pops out of the top of the thermometer like a old Loony Toons short.

No comments: