- There are people within the Bush Administration (Dick Cheney) that believe 2007 is the last chance to attack Iran.
- Of all branches of the US military, the Air Force is the least affected by the Iraq War. Air Force generals feel they are missing out on the fun and promotions a war offers. The Air Force is also the branch most dominated by apocalyptic Christians.
- Bombing Iran is the Neo-con thing to do. I mean, on an orgasmic level, on a forget-about-elections in 2008 Straussian level.
- Bombing Iran is the "Christian thing to do." And if we use nuclear bombs it means Armageddon, the rapture, the return of Jesus.
- It would be abysmally stupid. (I know that should be an argument against but whenever given a choice, George Bush seems to reflexively choose the most stupid available decision.)
- That "legacy" thing. Bush believes it is his legacy is to bring democracy to the Middle East at the point of a sword.
Monday, September 03, 2007
Seven Reasons Why We Shall Start a War with Iran
I have predicted America bombing Iran for over a year now and I have been consistently wrong. I love being wrong about this and I hope for my continuing error.