- A fifteen year-old girl is raped by a member of the Trinity Baptist Church in Concord, NH. The girl is forced by her pastor to stand before the congregation and publicly confess her sin in the rape.
- An eleven year-old girl is raped by a member of her Florida church. She is compelled by her parents and pastor to marry her rapist to legalize the rape and keep the man out of prison.
- In a story that echos Roy Moore, the father of 14 year-old Natalie Greenfield is approached by 24 year-old Jamin White for permission to court her. The parents refused but the man proceeded to molest and rape Natalie for years. When the truth came out her parents supported the girl but their Moscow, ID church attacked the girl as a seductress solely at fault for the abuse.
- An Arizona pastor dated an eight year-old girl and married her two years later.
- In Nebraska, child rape victims who become pregnant are forced to share custody of their children with their attackers.
If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her.
There it is for horny fundamentalist men. God approves of rape as long as she is a virgin and you pay the father.
Among Old Testament evangelical Alabamans nothing Roy Moore has done is wrong. Child molestation is God approved. Hell, even the payment to the father and marriage parts would only apply if he had been discovered at the time. Or, as Moore's semi-literate lawyer put it, "Culturally speaking, obviously there's differences."