- He proudly retweets quotes from fascist dictator Benito Mussolini.
- According to an ex-wife, he keeps a book of Adolph Hitler's collected speeches by his bed.
- He has pledged to forcibly expel 11 million men, women, and children from the United States.
- He has pledged to change libel laws to make it illegal for the media to run "negative stories" about him.
- He wants to begin trade wars with our biggest trade partners (China and Mexico).
- Trump spokeswoman Katrina Pierson has said what good is it having nuclear weapons if you are afraid to use them.
- He is supported by white nationalists, like former KKK head David Duke. The neo-Nazi American Freedom Party supports Trump.
- French neo-Nazi Jean-Marie Le Pen, founder of the French National Front party, supports him.
- Trump has taken populist, socialist positions.
I will be asked why is he popular. Many Americans want a strongman, a Putin or Stalin or Mussolini or Hitler. It doesn't matter to them what he believes or what he will do, only that he will be a forceful authoritarian.
But, I will be asked, "can he be elected?"
At this point, no. I believe most people when staring into the abyss of a totalitarian monster will turn away in horror.
|German Reichstag (parliament) burning, Feb. 1933|