deadly attacks on black churches are not a time honored tradition in the Old South.
- The worst comment was from Rick Perry who refused to describe the shooting as a shooting or an attack because that might demean the nobility of the gun used in the murders. Perry calls it an "accident," like the killer was blameless.
- Lindsey Graham ignores the racism motive that the killer claims and pretends the motive was an attack on Christianity.
- For comic relief we have that clown Eric Erickson who puts the blame squarely on Caitlyn Jenner.
- Several people expressed the opinion that the victims were to blame because they were not carrying firearms to Bible study.
- The NRA singled out one victim, state Senator Clementa Pinckney, as deserving his fate because he had opposed legislation allowing guns in churches.
|"Stars and Bars"|
All this is making me want to go back to some island, maybe this time even one without WiFi.