If American justice got its hands of Snowden...
- He would be incarcerated for years before there is even an earnest attempt at a trial. Manning was imprisoned for three years before his trial began.
- He would not be in solitary confinement but isolation confinement. No family nor friend visits and lawyer visits restricted. Even his jailers would treat him as an unperson and refuse to speak to him.
- He would be subject to an array of psychological tortures designed to drive him insane.
- He would be denied writing material - there would be no "Letter from the Birmingham Jail" for Snowden.
- If he held a hunger strike, as Gandhi was famous for, Snowden would be strapped down, a tube shoved down his throat, and he would be forcibly fed.