Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Most Disingenuous Story Ever Told

Winston Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!" 
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price."
The months long denial by Trump of his campaign's collusion with Russian agents has now been proven to be a lie.  The new story is that there was attempted collusion of campaign officials to attack Hillary Clinton, but it turned into baby adoption collusion. Really?

Three top campaign people, Trump Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner, and campaign manager Paul Manafort take time out of their busy schedules to hold a meeting with a lawyer with close ties to Putin on the advice of the son of a Russian oligarch with even closer ties to Putin. Junior was hoping for election collusion with Russia while the other two were just ignorantly tagging along. Junior says he left disappointed when the collusion meeting turned to babies.

That's their story! Junior tried to collude but failed, Kushner is an ignorant dope, and Manafort wasn't listening.

In my life I have never heard a more laughably improbable story. I expect better out of the Three Stooges.

No comments: