If anything is going to destroy Barack Obama in the future it is going to be the way that Goldman Sachs has infused itself into every aspect of the economic recovery program, usually in ways that are devious and designed to benefit that one bank ahead of everyone else, including the nation. This is the kind of thing that has a habit of blowing up.
- The AIG bailout was mainly designed to benefit Goldman.
- Goldman wants to repay its TARP bailout money. A skeptic would note they can use their bailout money laundered through AIG to do that.
- Everywhere you turn in Washington you find Treasury officials with deep ties to Goldman.
- The most egregious example is New York Fed Chairman Stephen Friedman, who sits on the board of directors of Goldman, was buying Goldman stock at the same time the Fed was sending the company billions of dollars of bailout capital. Lesser mortals might call that insider trading. I would never accuse Friedman or Goldman of anything illegal because...
- It appears some guy is facing legal problems for critizing Goldman.
(P.S. - As a notice to Goldman Sachs' team of highly paid lawyers, I really love Goldman Sachs. I am building an altar to them and will be sacrificing small furry animals, perhaps even drinking the still warm blood of virgins, to placate his terrible visage. Of my own free will, I now acknowledge Your power.)