- The Department of Homeland Security has failed to spend over $200 million in research funds.
- Bush quietly tried to cut $6 million for airliner explosive detection technology.
- The Scotland Yard investigation into the British bomb plot has been ongoing for six months. The FBI must have been briefed.
- Al Qaeda tried the plans for the British bomb plot before, in 1995.
- Readily available liquid bombs detection technology is not and will not be used in American airports.
Sources: AP on budget cuts, the bomb plot from LA Times and CTB, technology not used.